Monday 9 May 2011

Martin Sheen on Uncle Ben in the upcoming 'Amazing Spider-Man'



Martin Sheen talked to Hey U Guys about playing Uncle Ben in The Amazing Spider-Man. The following clip from the interview contains some spoilers about the character:

I’m not in any of the scenes where he’s Spider-man. He’s still a little boy. He’s a teenager when it starts. I’m a surrogate father really, I’m his uncle. And so all of our scenes are just like you and I talking now. I’m dealing with this adolescent who is having problems with changes, with hormones changing and his getting out of hand. I have to give him the marching orders and so forth. It’s all very normal. And the guy playing him is wonderful…
…He [Andrew Garfield] called me up and said he’d like to meet me and I said who are you and he said I’m playing your nephew. I said, you’re Spider-man! And we met for lunch and he was delightful. He just wanted to see who I was and whether I was open to changes, whether he could improvise with me. I was delighted and we had a wonderful time… I’ve never seen him in the uniform, I’ve never seen any of the stunts, any of the special effects, the green stuff. All my stuff is like normal acting and I don’t do anything with him otherwise. I’m dead in reel one y’know. I don’t do the end until I’m in New York. In April and May, that when I finish up with him. That’s where I get shot. There’s no special effects for me, that’s for the other characters.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the new Spiderman :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I didn't know they were making another Spiderman movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, why another Spiderman movie?!

    ReplyDelete